International Essay Competition Instructions
- All current undergraduate and graduate students from any university or college are welcome to apply for the competition.
- Recent graduates (having received their degree on or after 1 January 2011) are also encouraged to apply.
- There are no restrictions in regard to discipline, nationality, or age.
- Only essays that have not been previously published will be considered.
- Essays should be in English and double-spaced throughout.
- Essays should include an abstract of 200–300 words.
- Essays should be 7,000 words in length (+/- 1,000 words) including notes and references.
- Use either Harvard or Chicago style referencing.
- Include a cover page which should include the applicant’s name, address, and full contact details along with a brief biographical statement inclusive of details about the applicant’s eligibility.
- Submissions and any inquiries should be directed via email to Dr Ian Hesketh at email@example.com.
Deadline and Prize Announcement
- The deadline for submissions has been extended until 11 April 2014.
- The prize essay winners will be announced within three months of the deadline.
All submissions are final and only one submission per person is permitted. An international panel of judges will select the competition winners. The decisions of the judges will be final.